One of my teammates was working on a Windows server and needed to access IIS to complete a Sitecore upgrade on the machine. After logging in, he was reporting that he only saw a blue screen with no user interface. I logged in under the administrator account and ran into the same thing. Here’s how I was able to reset:
- CTRL + ALT + END
- Start Task Manager
- Click processes tab and find all instances of “explorer.exe”
- Right click each process and selected “End process tree”
- Once all instances are gone, select the Applications tab
- Click new task button
- Type “explorer.exe” without the quotation marks
- Click OK.
If it’s a user account and you can login to the administrator account and see the UI, you can load remote desktop as admin.
- Start -> Run
- Type “mstsc /v:servername /console /admin” in order to access the server.
- In “Windows Taks Manager”, go to the Users tab and proceed to do a right click over the account that you want to “Log Off”, select log off.
This should free the locked session used by that account and bring the UI back.