I recently upgraded to Mac Sonoma 14.2.1 and MacFuse stopped loading which affected my ability to load PCloud and NTFS drives. I spent a few days trying to troubleshoot everything and in the end it turned out I had to disable Mac System Integrity Protection to get everything to load. I’m sharing in case it helps anyone else.
To disable SIP on your Mac Sonoma for extensions like MacFuse and pCloud Drive:
- Shut down your Mac: Turn off your Mac completely by pressing and holding the power button until the screen goes black.
- Restart in Recovery Mode: Enabling Recovery Mode depends on your Mac. You can try the steps below or follow Apple’s guide here.
Power on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘) + R to enter Recovery Mode.
Power on your Mac and hold the power button down until Other Options displays.
- Open Terminal: In Recovery Mode, select “Utilities” in the macOS Utilities window and select “Terminal.”
- Disable SIP: Type
csrutil disablein Terminal and press Enter. This disables System Integrity Protection (SIP).
- Restart Mac: Click the Apple menu and select “Restart” to reboot your Mac with SIP disabled.
- Re-enable SIP (if needed): Follow the same steps but use
csrutil enablein Terminal to re-enable SIP.
Note: Disabling SIP poses security risks. Re-enable it once you’ve installed the necessary extensions. Only disable SIP when necessary and understand the potential risks involved.